1.4306 – 304L – UNS S30403
Available from stock !
UR™ 304L* is an austenitic stainless steel with the following properties :
⦁ Good general corrosion resistance
⦁ Excellent resistance to intergranular corrosion in the as - welded condition
⦁ Easy to weld and form
⦁ Good toughness at low temperature.
This grade is austenitic in the solution annealed condition (1000 - 1100°C / 1832 - 2012°F) and water quenching. It contains a small amount of ferrite.
|> EURONORM :||EN 1.4306||X2CrNi 18-11|
|> DIN :||W 1.4306|
|> ASTM :||A 240 - TP 304L - UNS S30403|
The alloy has only limited resistance to localized corrosion in chloride containing solutions. Pitting may occur even at low temperature (5 - 10°C / 41 - 50°F).
The alloy may suffer from stress corrosion cracking in chloride containing solution when temperature is higher than 50°C (122°F).
UR™ 304L* is corrosion resistant in :
• Nitric solution, up to 55% weight, up to 80°C (176°F) (low ferrite)
• Most of diluted organic acids at moderate temperatures
• Most of food and pharmaceutical products
• Pure phosphoric acid
- whatever concentration in cold solution
- up to 10% diluted hot solution
Sulphuric or fluoridric acid traces increase the corrosion
• Caustic solutions free of chlorides or fluorides at medium temperatures
• Food processing industry (excluding Cl- containing media)